Thursday 3 March 2022

March 2022 - Update - Happy World Book Day



Hi fellow readers.

Just a quick update for March.

Hopefully this will be the month I start writing.  So not much to say on this.

As it's World Book Day, I will be reading the above book. Malice by the excellent John Gwynne. So far I'm enjoying this.  It reminds me of David Gemmell's books.

Talking of David Gemmell, I met author Andy Remic at the last David Gemmell Awards at 2018 Edge-Lit in Derby.  He was there on a panel for Gemmell's work, plus giving a speech on how much Gemmell influenced him.
We had a good laugh in the night drinking with his mate Steve plus a few others and planned to meet again.
Sadly this hasn't happened as he was diagnosed with cancer and regrettably he died last Sunday.  
He was a husband, father, teacher and writer.  Plus I probably played his ZX Spectrum games which he made and were on Crash magazine.  RIP Andy.
Andy on Gemmell panel

Andy having a pint

Also the weekend before Andy passed away another of my friends died of cancer.  Trevor was an old drinking buddy and a great laugh.  He will be sadly missed too and leaves his gf and children and friends.

Well hope March is a better month.

Take care.

Neil x



No comments:

Post a Comment