Tuesday 19 April 2022

Help! Need to get out of my Reading and Writing Slump!

Hi Peeps

Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the Easter weekend.

I had a great time up in Scotland.  I may post some of the photos in the next few days.

This post is a plea for help as I am stuck in both a reading slump and more importantly a writing slump.

At the moment I am reading Malice by John Gwynne, which I'm enjoying immensely, as it reminds me of reading a David Gemmell novel.  Yet it is different too.  Sadly I've been reading this since the end of February and only the second book I've read this year.  Although I am getting to some juicy bits, so think I will have finished the book this week.

My Writing slump is worse.  Other than writing on this blog, I haven't written since last year.  I've still to finish my ghost story "The Cubbyhole", which I started in 2016!  I also started a sci-fi novel in 2017 but got no further.
I think my main problem is my crisis of confidence.  I keep thinking I'm not good enough and maybe should go back to college or similar to get A-Level English and a creative writing qualification.

What do you guys suggest?

One thing I think I need to do is start attending Cleckheaton Writing Group again so I'm with fellow writers.  Maybe I need to go to more writing/author events too. 
Oh how I'm missing Edge-lit - that was the perfect Con to meet authors and fellow writers.

Anyway - if you have any suggestions on getting out of my slumps - in particular my writing slump add me a message in the comments.

Thanks

Neil x

No comments:

Post a Comment