Tuesday 1 October 2024

October 2024 - Update

 


Welcome to October!

October/Halloween/Fall is my favourite time of the year.

When the leaves turn to shades of gold and red, the weather gets colder,  but not too cold.  Horror stories are the main theme and Halloween decorations adorn houses, shops and cafes.

I love it.  Even better than the over hyped Christmas season.

September Review - 




My highlight in September was going to Edge-lit 10 in Derby, at the start of the Month.  Seeing and meeting authors and entertainers.  See my previous two blog posts for a run through of the event.

It has been brought to light that for now The Quad, where Edge-lit takes place is staying open and continuing with the event.  This is great news although they are stopping some regular activities which is a shame.  So go visit the Quad in Derby and give some support.  Google them for full details.

In October -

I will most definitely be finished reading both Guards Guards and 77 Shadow Street.  I'm basically at the end of each book.  The next book I read will be spooky as well for Halloween.

Going to Edge-lit has inspired me to write again.  By Halloween I will have finished my short story The Cubby Hole.

I'm doing something I haven't done in a very long time.  I'm off to see a spooky play at the Victoria Theatre in Halifax.  

Called The Haunting of Blaine Manor, it has great reviews and perfect for October and Halloween.

See the link to their trailer below.  I will post a review of it on the blog also.

https://youtu.be/VovjdQ91IJY

Enjoy Halloween Month...

Neil x


No comments:

Post a Comment