Monday 25 March 2013

A Child's Confusions of War

Hi again
As I'm still writing my own short stories I thought I would share a poem my Dad wrote many years ago - probably in the late sixties or seventies.  Sadly Dad passed away over 20 years ago and only wrote a few when younger which is a shame and I wish I had encouraged him to write more or some fiction.
He was in the army in Duke of Wellingtons for a number of years and traveled the world.
Well enjoy

A Child's Confusion of War

Oh Daddy please don't hurt me
Or ever make me cry
As I wish to save my teardrops
For those who have to die
Then I'll cry a thousand tears
For those I do not know
As it may save a little boy
The teardrops he doesn't know
As he will never have a Daddy
To love and scald him so
As he will be an orphan boy
And he will never know
So please don't hurt
Or make me cry
As I wish to save my teardrops
For those who have to die

2 comments: