Thursday 23 April 2015

Cleck fest update, Creative Scene and poem

Hi folks

Hope your all well, reading, writing, enjoying the sun and looking forward to an important event on 7th of May at Cleckheaton Library.

Nope not the election voting although politics is like a conspiracy thriller.  Full of lies, deceit, probably murder, misinformation,  close calls.  With a dash of fantasy.
So in a sense it will be all about fiction on and from Thursday 7th May to Sunday 10th of May.

I am of course talking about the Cleckheaton Literary Festival which is fast approaching and looking amazing with some very talented people giving their time and some great events being held.
Including Bronte Nordic Walk, Crime Author panel, Doctor Who author event, Poetry night, Writing workshops.

These include authors such as Fantasy author Justina Robson,  Crime writers Leigh Russell,  Alison Taft, Helen Cadbury,  journalist and DJ Andy Kershaw,  Poet Luke Wright,   Chocolat author Joanne Harris.   And More!

It's very exciting and flyers will be distributed soon so Book your place ASAP.

Go to

www.litfestcleck.co.uk

Tonight the Cleckheaton Literary and Writers Group have been mingling with our new friends and associates Creative Scene who held an open Poetry/Words night at Cloggs Cafe which I enjoyed alot (the free buffet helped - veggy food yum).  The event ended with open mike which myself and Karen were nervous about. 

This made me think if Im helping at the Cleckheaton Literary Festival I need more confidence and part of me would love to stand in front of strangers and talk and share writing (if I'm to be an author I need to do this.)

So this got my creative juices flowing and I not a big poem fan but it's growing on me and this is my effort inspired by tonight - enjoy.

                                                    No Confidence

I've no confidence at all
I just sit in a corner
Trying to look meek and small
When I should be standing tall

Yet I've no confidence at all

But this has got to change
I've got to broaden my range
I'd need to talk to more folk
Share the odd joke
Give a wink and a nod
Or people would think
What a boring sod

So look at me!


Speak soon peeps

Neil

1 comment: