Thursday 26 July 2018

Derby, Edge-lit 7 and Gemmell Awards - Derby

Hi guys

The other weekend I took the gamble of going last minute to Derby to Sci fi and fantasy author fest Edge-lit 7.  This was mainly because it hosted The Gemmell Awards.  A Fantasy awards ceremony which I have followed for years as it carries on the legacy and memory of my favourite author David Gemmell.  Although I had never been as it was normally hosted too far away.

This year is the tenth anniversary of the awards and with some persuasion from author and Chair Stan Nicholls I decided it would be the best opportunity to go plus I would meet other authors and up coming writers.

I was nervous about going on my own although when I got there quite A lot of fellow geeks were on their own too.

I stayed 2 nights at Premier Inn (Cathedral quarter) and the hotel room was lovely.



 

The first night I had a few drinks on my own and to find my feet.
By the end of Edge-lit and on the second night I had got talking to other writers and fans including author Andy Remic and his friend Steve.  Plus Simon and Kathy and Lucy and another guy called Neil (in a dress) and his wife.







On the following day feeling a little rough I decided to take a look around Derby and especially Waterstones which is one of the nicest Waterstones I've seen.











Next - Edge-lit 7




No comments:

Post a Comment