Thursday 23 July 2020

Juĺy Free Bookhaul - Rest of the Witcher Novels




Hi Peeps

Had a Waterstones gift card to use sat in my wallet since Xmas.  Since I'm now out of work thought I'd use it to get new books as it seemed ages since I had new ones!  Even though I've over 200 on my TBR pile. 

So decided to get Sword of Destiny, the second set of short stories in the Witcher novels.
I also wanted book 3 in Anna Smith Sparks, Empire of Dust series as it came out during lockdown.
I looked in both Leeds and Bradford Waterstones for Anna's book but to no success.  So will keep looking bit longer and if no luck then get online eventually.  Then I can read the series fully.



To be honest it felt good being back in Waterstones shops after 4 months.  Looking and smelling all those books.  Although in Bradford it smelt a bit musty with it being an older building.

So just as I was going to give up I saw Sword of Destiny which I wanted and next to it Season of Storms which I totally forgot I needed to complete the set as it's quite new.  It is a prequel to the novels set after the short stories and before the first book.
So now I'm happy I have the complete set till he brings more out.


Any Witcher fans out there that have read them all?  What you think of them?

Well happy reading folks x  my next read is Before They are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie.
I'll also be reading some fiction for writing group to give feedback  ready for our next Zoom meeting.  Plus I hope to write this weekend too.

Neil
 

No comments:

Post a Comment