Saturday 19 September 2020

Mid September Update - RIP Terry Goodkind

 

RIP - Terry Goodkind 11/1/48 - 17/9/20

 Sadly another great fantasy writer who came out in the 80s/90s has passed away. 2020 sucks even more now.

Terry Goodkind was best known for his Sword of Truth series, starting with Wizards First Rule, will be sadly missed and joins the other great sci-fi and fantasy authors of the 80s/90s who have passed including David Gemmell, David Eddings and Terry Pratchett.

He was 72 years old.

With that in mind I hope surviving 80s authors will last long like Terry Brooks, Raymond E Feist and George RR Martin who are all in their 70s and still working.

This is especially true for George RR Martin who has the huge task of finishing his Song of Ice and Fire series.

So far I have only read Wizards First Rule which took over a year to read but I had some personal issues to deal with so wish I had read it at a different time. I did enjoy it although was slow in the middle and I gave it a 7/10.

I hope to read a couple more in the series next year as I have the first 7 books.



No comments:

Post a Comment