Wednesday 24 March 2021

Better Late than Never

 

Newest Gemmell book!


Hi guys


A quick post as I've not posted much in March.  I've finally got Lion of Macedon which I ordered on 6th February from Amazon.

Amazon, plus local book shops and Waterstones had no copies left, and I learnt from Brighouse Books that the publisher Orbit were doing a new reprint. 

Patience is a virtue and I waited till I got the e-mail that Amazon had new stock.  It was important I had this book, as I'd bought it's sequel Dark Prince a while ago and it's best to read the first book first.  Plus I wanted the same cover design to match the sequel.

Fair play to Amazon who have been great over the last couple of years, getting books to me next day, plus also having books I've not been able to get in book stores including Waterstones.  These include two Transformers books plus a chick lit.  It's weird as I thought Waterstones would be the most stocked.  Yet Amazon have more smaller authors and self published authors too.  Something Waterstones and smaller book stores should try to do. 

This is because I'd rather buy books from Waterstones or smaller book shops to keep them going, especially in this current climate with big brands disappearing.  If Waterstones goes it would be tragic for authors, readers and publishing.

Anyway ramble over.  A big thank you to Brighouse Books - Google them and visit their store.


Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment