Tuesday 6 July 2021

Reading and Writing Goals 2021 - July - Dec - Last 6 months!

 



Hey gang

This is my second update for 2021. Showing what I'm going to read and write in the last 6 months of 2021, as days start drawing shorter and nights become longer.
At the moment I'm behind on both.  I'm only on book 8. Ravenheart by David Gemmell has took longer than expected as I hit a reading slump end of May, into June.
I hope to speed up by years end.
Writing wise I've done some on Cubby-hole short story and blogged.  So hardly anything.

Well these are the books I've chosen to read July to December.  It could change. I will let you know.

July


Ravenheart/Stormrider

Having read the first 2 books in David Gemmells Rigante series on schedule, I hit a slump with Ravenheart, which I started on 13th May.  I'm still enjoying it but think I hit a burnout. I'm about 150 pages to read so won't take long then will read the final book Stormrider.

August


Death Trilogy

I should be reading this now, although glad I waited as I've decided to read Mort.  It will be a re-read but I can hardly remember it.  Plus now I'm older hope to understand it more as took a while getting into it.  Hope to read all 3 by end of August.  If not definitely Mort and Reaper Man.

Sci-Fi September


Transformers Exodus/Exiles

As I've not read many Sci-fi this year so far, except the Sci-fi light Doctor Who novels, I've decided to dedicate September to Sci-fi.  I have older Sci-fi novels that have sat on my shelves longer but these are short quick reads.  Plus I love Transformers!

October


Best Served Cold/ House on Cold Hill

As October features Halloween, I wanted to try a spooky book. So House on Cold Hill fits the bill.  Although I am eager to get back into the First Law books, after the excellent First Law Trilogy so chose the standalone Best Served Cold. Haven't decided which I'll read first and not sure I'll be able to read both in October as Best Served Cold is a chunky book.

November


Malice

I've wanted to get into John Gwynne's Faithful and the Fallen series since I bought the first two books in York in 2018.  I'd heard it's similar to David Gemmell books so eager to start them. Although the books are huge so reading one a month especially in November when it's my birthday and December with Xmas shopping etc.

December


Valour

The sequel to Malice will be my main book for December as will be busy with Xmas.  If it's as good as people say I may start the third book.
Wish me luck.

Writing

I hope to finish the ghost novella The Cubby Hole as well as get back to my sci fi novel.
I may also enter the Costa Short Story competition which is required for 2 August.
Google Costa Short Story for details.

Well that's my reading and writing plan for the rest of the year. Wish me luck.

Neil x

No comments:

Post a Comment