Thursday 30 December 2021

Book Review - Stormrider (Rigante 4) by David Gemmell

 

View


Books read in 2021 - No. 8

Hi fellow readers

Well at last I have finished the final book in David Gemmell's Rigante series!

I started it 16th July 2021, so it has took just over 5 months to read.  Although to be fair I hit a reading slump especially as all I'd read was the Rigante series but I don't like breaking off into other series unless I've finished the one I'm on. In that time I also finished a relationship, started a new one, had a few birthdays and started a new job, so I have had a hectic time and most of the time my head hasn't been in a reading or writing place.  I hope to rectify that in 2022 as well as get healthy and have more energy.

Stormrider takes place a few years after Ravenheart and the focus switches to Gaise Macon instead of Kaelin Ring. Gaise is being hunted by Walker Kay who has found the evil skull of an old God.

In this book there is more magic and ward spells than previous Rigante books, plus there are more characters and POV.  There is a lot going on in this book yet it still connects well to previous books including Sword in the Storm.

Overall - a great book although there is a lot going on and can get confusing.  This may be because of the breaks I had reading it.  I think in a few years I would like to read it again but in a shorter time.  Still enjoyable with good characters and plenty of action.

Score. -  8.5/10  - would have got a 9 if read it quicker.

Rigante Series Score -  9.5/10

The series started strong and introduced great characters and an immersive world. David Gemmell did well connecting books set hundreds of years apart. Think the last book was a bit slower but still enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment