Monday 4 July 2022

Harrogate Book Shopping


 Hi Folks. 

This weekend I had a day out in the lovely North Yorkshire Spa town of Harrogate.

I primarily went to visit their Waterstones, which is one of my favourite Waterstones stores.  Yet I found another great independent book shop called Imagined Things Bookshop.




So after visiting Waterstones and enjoying some cake in their cafe - see photos above!
I then stumbled into an independent book shop, which was good as nothing jumped out at me in Waterstones.





As you can see Imagined Things Bookshop is a lovely little independent shop with a good selection of books.
I found a book I think I'd like, which is something different as not all out fantasy but is a weird mystery/horror combo.

That book is Stuart Turton's The Devil and the Dark Water.
I saw Stuart at 2019's Edge-lit, on a panel on how to get published, and he told it how it is.  I think he said it was mainly luck and knowing someone who was in the publishing business and was funny and honest.  Because of this I've been wanting to try one of his novels for a while.



So if you visit Harrogate, as well as going to Waterstones also visit Imagined Things Bookshop and support local bookshops too.

Below are a few pics of Harrogate - chat soon!





Neil x









No comments:

Post a Comment