Friday 1 July 2022

July 2022 Update


Hi Peeps

July already!  This year is flying by.  The Christmas shite will be out before we know it!
Just a quick update this month.

In General -

At the moment I've started a new role in a contact centre, which is different for me as it's faster paced than the office environment I'm used to.  This is especially true of the phones.  Before I'd handled a couple of calls a day if that.  Enjoying it so far, but will see what the next few weeks/months bring.

I'm also trying to get fit and lose weight which is harder now I'm back in a sit down role.

Reading - 


I'm still reading Valour by John Gwynne and enjoying it. Although since I've started a new job, I've slowed down due to tiredness and my brain going Kaput!
Looking at my book shelves I've so many to read so have decided not to purchase any more books until I've read one bookcase full. Of which I have three!  
May do a post about my TBR books soon.

I hope to read some small published and self published books this year with interviews with the authors but sadly this may cross over into next year - but no rush.

Writing -


I'm wanting to get back into my writing again.  I've been spurred on by attending the above online Orion publishing event on "How to become Published" which was insightful although most of the advice I'd heard before.  I was mainly there to hear Martin at Gollancz publishing.

I've also been inspired by my friend Andy who over the years has had many problems including the big C! I met him at Cleckheaton writing group and through the hardships has got his head together, sorted his writing desk out and got writing again.  His writing is great and darkly humourous.

The only problem with getting into writing is that I need a new laptop or preferably a PC, as the one I have is low on memory.  If anyone has any ideas to lower the memory that would be great.  I've uninstalled as many items as possible but unsure if a hard reboot is in order?  No money for new writing aid yet.

Well that was longer than I thought.

Hope everyone has a great July!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment