Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy 2017


Happy New Year folks.

Hope 2016 wasn't the total disaster it was made out to be for you all.  OK there were a lot of celebrity deaths plus Brexit and Trump being elected President of the USA and to be honest it's too early to see what will happen.

For me 2016 wasn't too bad except where writing was concerned as I only managed to write one full short story, a chapter of my crime novel and first page of a horror story.
Also I wrote a few blog posts here and a few reviews on the Cleckheaton Literature Festival blog.

Sadly 2016 saw the early demise of the Cleckheaton Literature Festival which in its second year was still in its infancy and like the first year brought some excellent author talent including Ian C Douglas, Leigh Russell and Jason Hewitt to name a few.
Hopefully in a new format it could come back?

I didn't attend the Cleckheaton Writers Group as often as I'd liked either this year but couldn't get in to writing.

This year has been a good one for my reading as done more reading than previous years and reviews of the books I've read are on here including David Eddings Belgariad series.

I've also bought the most amount of books this year than any other, a lot of them signed as I've seen quite a few authors in Leeds this year including Joe Hill, Alastair Reynolds, Peter F Hamilton and Joe Abercrombie.

So 2017  -

This year I want to continue getting fitter as I started in 2016 but wasn't consistent so will be hitting the gym more and eating healthier.

I will also be reading even more this year as I've even more to read and have started Magician by Raymond E Feist.

Lastly there is the writing-  want to write more this year and have first draft of crime novel finished by August.
I will also blog here more and do more of last year's Cleckheaton Literature Festival reviews I never got chance to.
I will attend the Writers Group more too.

So onwards and hopefully upwards.

Have fun folks

1 comment:

  1. If you want any proof reading/an eye casting over anything I'm available to help. My main reading consists of detective novels,although I read all sorts. Never without reading material, even if it's only the cereal box on the breakfast table. I used to work as a proof reader as well, firstly with a newspaper then self-employed at home. Hope you manage to get more writing done this year; I'd say that was my New Year's resolution if I made them. The time is now.

    ReplyDelete