Sunday 14 July 2019

Edge-lit 8 - 2019 A Round Up

Hi Guys

Hope you're all well.

I had a super weekend in Derby meeting up with Author friends, attending panels, interviews, an award ceremony,  a bonkers raffle and drinks after.

I will detail more on some of the panels where I've made notes but highlights for me was the Short Cuts panel discussing how short stories can become a novel.

The interview with Stephen Volk, a legendary script and horror writer who was responsible for the Ghostwatch show in the early 90s which scared viewers with its hoax.
Where does Fantasy fiction go after Grimdark was also great and the In Conversation with Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon was insightful and fun.

It was also great to see old friends Hayley and Kevin.  Plus Simon, Robin and new friends.

Next year promises to be bigger!



















My Edge-lit haul plus Andy Remic book from Derby Waterstones .  Was on a tighter budget this year. Great debut though from my mate Robin Triggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment