Sunday 30 January 2022

Leeds Waterstones Book Haul


 Hi Folks!

Well after Covid I've finally made it back to my favourite Waterstones in Leeds.  It's like a second home to me.  I'm just hoping they start Author events again. Especially now Edge-Lit in Derby has finished.



When I was there, the Fantasy and Sci-fi section seemed bigger with more selection. The TV Tie-in novels now had their own section.


As always there was some lovely cake and coffee. Perfect seating to read or write.  Or watch other people writing.  It was full of people on laptops.  Maybe future authors?

The books I purchased I had been after a while. The Red Sister sequel - Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence and Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne.  A first in a new trilogy.

I've worked out as my shelf's are bulging with unread books and I'm running out of space. I'm only going to purchase 6 books which I need this year then stop for a long while.

The 6 books I need, are to complete series I've started collecting, are -

Third book in Joe Abercrombie's Age of Madness trilogy.

Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence.

Second and third books in John Gwynne's Bloodsworn series.

Second and third books in Bernard Cornwell's Arthur trilogy.

So just those 6 books then that's it.


Ta Ra folks x

No comments:

Post a Comment