Sunday 29 January 2023

Sheffield Meadowhall Waterstones and Haul

 


Hi Folks

Hope you are all well.

Today I went to Sheffield Meadowhall for the first time ever!  

One of the main reasons for visiting was to expand my tour of Waterstones stores, and I aim to visit more new Waterstones this year.

Meadowhall is huge and on the outside it looked like this Waterstones would be too.  Sadly it isn't as big as I thought, although is a decent size.





The Fantasy, Sci-fi and Horror section isn't too bad but I've seen more selection at smaller Waterstones, and a few favourite authors were missing.  I did manage to find Salem's Lot by Stephen King, which I've been after for a while.

I also looked at the prices on the books on sale.  In particular I looked at a John Gwynne book I've recently read and shocked to see it has gone up in price.  It is now priced at £10:99.  I bought it about 5 years ago at £8:99.

After visiting the WH Smiths in Meadowhall, I found the same books I had bought in Waterstones.  Plus there seemed to be as many books there.

Overall - Didn't seem as big as I first thought and less selection than I wanted. Plus no cafe or different floor. 

Score -  6/10








Below is my book haul. The new CJ Tudor book for Mum, which is signed.  Salem's Lot by Stephen King, which I'd been looking for, for a while and a new Aliens book. Well Aliens Vs Predator book.

Happy Reading!

Neil x

No comments:

Post a Comment