Friday 17 March 2023

I'm Writing Again!

 


Hi Fellow Writers

Hope you are all well and at your screens, furiously tapping away at the next blockbuster.

After a writing slump of around 4 years, I have slowly got back into my writing!

Part of the reason I was in a writing slump, was because the laptop I have has crap memory capacity and wouldn't let me clear anything out.  So after saving up, I treated myself to an actual PC.  The first PC I have ever had in my long, boring life.  It was a cheap PC from Amazon but well worth purchasing!

Another reason for not writing stemmed from the fact I was paying £59:99 to Microsoft for Office - this included Word document, which I have always used to write on.  As I wasn't writing I cancelled it and looked for cheaper alternative.

Eventually giving in and purchasing Office whilst I had the cash, I can now write again.

Upon going into my old stories and Word, I noticed it had been updated.  I've still to get used to this newer Word document, but so far it is looking good.  It has a new Edit feature and a Dictate icon so I can put the story down via speech if needed.  With some messing around I should be fine with it soon.

So currently I am trying to finish my Ghost Story "The Cubbyhole".  I've been thinking of it on and off and so will be changing it slightly, even adding a second POV character.  I hope to have it as a novella and hope to get it published in some anthology.  Or I may try self publishing it using Amazon.

Now I'm writing again, I hope to get published somehow in the next year or two.  Always follow your dream - many people say.  Which is true.  Plus I'm not getting any younger!

Will keep you all updated on my writing and my reading also.

Take care.

Neil x

No comments:

Post a Comment