Monday 3 July 2023

July 2023 - Update

 


Welcome to July folks!

Another quick update as June went so fast.  Sadly not much reading or writing was done again!  Although I have been counting down to Edge-lit 9 in early July, in the hopes it will give me a reading and writing boost.

On the 1st of July I went to one of my favourite places to cheer me up and get me in the mood - Waterstones in Leeds.



My daughter and I enjoyed some cake.  Sadly there was no book buying as I'm saving that for Edge-lit on the 8th July.

So I've booked my Edge-lit ticket, hotel room and booked a coach to Derby and back.

I usually go by train but there are some strikes affecting services so played it save. Plus I'm determined to go as I've missed the last 4 years.

This year's Edge-lit highlights include horror authors Mark Morris and Tim Lebbon. League of Gentlemen writer Jeremy Dyson - the TV show not the film. Also The Prestige author Christopher Priest.  

Others include fantasy author Lucy Holland, Star Wars writer Adam Christopher and fantasy author Ed McDonald among others.

As for the rest of July I'm hoping to read and write and get to the gym.

Neil X 


No comments:

Post a Comment