Sunday 31 December 2023

2023 - Quick Review - 2024 Goals


Happy New Year Folks!

As the years go by faster I thought I'd share a quick review of my 2023.  Not the best year, yet not the worst like 1992, 2006, 2017 and 2021.

Like 2022 I haven't met any of my goals for the year.  This makes me determined to kick my own arse and get motivated.


Reading - A worst year than 2022! I read 4 books in 2022.  This year on my 2nd book.  Wrath by John Gwynne.  Loving the series but once I'm home from work, I'm tired and motivation dies.  Which is the same for everything I've been meaning to do in 2023.


Writing - Same thing as my reading.  Once home have no motivation.  Hope this will change in 2024.

Health - I started 2023 with a rocky start.  Three times I had a 24 hour blood pressure monitor on, for high blood pressure.  Eventually it showed blood pressure normal, but I'm not 100% convinced.  Especially as I've still eaten bad and not lost weight.

Work - still in same job in call centre.  Managed not to be on incoming phones too much this year but think this will change in 2024.

2024 Goals

Reading - With so many books to read and time marching fast I have decided to do a 24 in 2024 book challenge.  I will be choosing smaller novels and collections so hopefully will have quicker reads 

Writing - I have joined a January writing challenge.  As part of a Facebook group called Write Magic, they have created a Fire and Ice challenge.  I'm in the Fire team and the goal is to get more words down than the Ice team.  It will give me the opportunity to meet new writers.

Health - In January going to cut down on sugar and eat better and slowly exercise.  By the end of January I hope to have started back at the gym.

Work - Hopefully will stay in an admin team as long as possible.  If my work want me on incoming calls then it's time to say bye.  Incoming calls are too stressful and there is too much to remember.  Maybe in 2024 I will change my career from office work?

And Finally - I hope to carry on going to my favourite places, including York, Waterstones stores and fingers crossed Derby for 2024 Edge-lit.

Plus going to new places will be a goal too.  Including going abroad.  Money permitting.

Hopefully 2024 will be a brighter, better place for everyone.  Here's hoping!

Happy New Year One and All.


No comments:

Post a Comment