Thursday 1 February 2024

February 2024 - Update

 


Greetings Nerds

Well, a dawn of a new month beckons!  Looks like 2024 will go as fast as last year.  February already.

Luckily I didn't procrastinate in January as I did in the whole of 2023.

Reading - At last I finished Wrath by John Gwynne!  An excellent action pack extravaganza.  Go read the Faithful and the Fallen Series.


I also started my first official book of 2024.  A smaller Doctor Who novel called Forever Autumn, by an author chum of mine called Mark Morris.  So far so good.  A review will follow soon.


Writing - And I've started writing again.  The first time properly since 2019.  The best thing is I'm really enjoying it.

As part of a Fire and Ice Challenge, set up by the Facebook writers group Write Magic, two groups of writers were challenged to write the most amount of words.  I was in the Fire team and we should find out the winner soon!
I didn't hit my target every week in January of 2000 words per week, yet it got me writing.  I would need to write a lot more to become a professional writer!




I even created by own Word Count sheet for 2024 which I'm going to continue to use throughout the year.

Other -  Well still in the same job, dreading going on incoming calls.  So much so I'm off with stress.  Not sure what I want to do other than be a writer.  Until that happens I fancy retail work.
I've still to get to the gym.  Although I have been walking more in the first month of 2024.

Well here's to a long February.

Neil x


No comments:

Post a Comment