Thursday 14 January 2021

Reading and Writing Goals 2021 - Jan - June - First 6 Months!

 


Hey Folks!

It's a lovely Snowy day, so I thought I would do some Reading and Writing goals for this year.  Although I decided to split it into two 6 month parts.  January to June is part 1.  July to December is part 2.  This is because I haven't decided on the books for the latter part of the year.

I'm hoping to read at least 16 books in 2021 which is double what I read in 2020.  Yes a measly 8 books.


JAN/FEB

DOCTOR WHO

I thought I would ease into the year with the first 2 months dedicated to easy reading Doctor Who books.  The 4 above are the last in a 10 book box set I have.  I also have another 10 book box set of Doctor Who but will start that either at the end of 2021 or in 2022. They are quick reads and enjoyable.

MARCH/APRIL

DAVID GEMMELL - RIGANTE SERIES

This will be my first read of David Gemmells Rigante series.  Even though he is my favourite author I have only read his Drenai books so far.  I need to get on reading the rest of his work.  The only issue I have, is that I wish they were all paperback and matching. It will be my first series to read in 2021 and looking forward to it.

MAY/JUNE

TERRY PRATCHETT 

Another favourite author is Terry Pratchett and I still have loads of his books to read.  Plus loads to collect in the next few years.
It looks alot but I have already read Mort in the Death Trilogy.  So I will be reading Reaper Man and Soul Music.  Then move to Night Watch which I've heard is one of his funniest novels in Discworld. 

I will then do Part 2 in June after seeing how far I am in these books as things may change, but in July to December I want to read some Sci-fi and John Gwynne.


WRITING - JAN - JUNE


Writing  wise I just want to get back into it.  Still to finish my short story/novella The Cubby Hole.

Then by June if all goes well I want to be well into my novel Colony X.

Plus may write some other short stories too.


2021 - BOOK 1

No comments:

Post a Comment