Thursday 10 February 2022

My 2022 Books TBR!

 Hi Peeps

Hope everyone is fine and busy reading or writing.

I've had a slow start to my reading year so far.  I'm still reading Illegal Alien by Mike Tucker and Robert Perry.


I've almost finished, although for the last 2 years, I've usually read about 4 books by mid February.  The problem has then been, by the end of the year I've slowed down.  Maybe this year I can balance reading my books better.

The following are books I'm hoping to read in 2022 - there is no order of when I'm going to read them.  Although the independent and self published books I hope to read in June, July and August as I hope to interview the authors.  I was hoping to interview most authors at Edge-Lit.  Alas that has been stopped. 

  
Independent/Small publishers.

I hope to read this selection of books in June, July and August. The idea is to interview the authors and do features on them.  It may be harder now Edge-Lit has finished as I'd hoped to meet 3 of the authors there.

 
David Gemmell - Drenai

Even though I read David Gemmell's Rigante series last year, I need to read more of my favourite author.  I was going to have a break till 2023 but decided to read the final 2 Drenai books.

Ian Fleming's Bond - Spectre collection.

I've wanted to read the classic Bond novels for a while. Even though it's not the whole collection I think for now the Spectre stories will do.  Need a change of genre now and again.
Stan Nicholls - Orcs Omnibus

This has been on my TBR pile for ages, plus I met Stan at 2018 David Gemmell Awards at Edge-Lit in Derby.  Sadly the last David Gemmell Awards. This trilogy is from the POV of Orcs.

John Gwynne - The Faithful and the Fallen

I was hoping to read this last year.  Sadly from July I hit a reading slump so never started it.  This is a main priority to read in 2022 as heard nothing but great things about this series.


Terry Pratchett - Night Watch

Another book I wanted to read last year.  I've had Night Watch by Terry Pratchett for ages, since publication in 2002 - 20 years! Plus I haven't read any Pratchett for ages.  The last time was The Truth back in 2004/5 when in Corfu with the daughters mum.


Warhammer 40,000 - Horus Rising - Dan Abnett

Since I collected some of the Warhammer 40,000 books a few years ago when each book was out fort-nightly, I've wanted to get into them.  This year will be when I start reading them. Plus I need some Sci-fi action on my TBR list. 

Joe Abercrombie - Best Served Cold.

I loved Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy when I read it in 2020/21. I wanted to read the standalones straight away, but held off.  I'm therefore going to read the first standalone - Best Served Cold.

The books above are the ones I definitely want to read in 2022.  There are quite a lot there, and most are chunky books and series.

If I do manage to read the above books with time to spare in 2022 then below are books I will try to read in 2022 as well.  If not they will be moved into the 2023 TBR reading list.

RJ Barker - The Wounded Kingdom Trilogy

Ever since I saw RJ Barker doing an author talk at Waterstones in Leeds, I've wanted to read his books.  I also saw him at the Edge-Lit events I went to.  If I manage the books above then I will read or at least start this series.  If not it will be the first series to read in 2023.


Terry Goodkind - Stone of Tears.

It has been a while, since I read the first book in the Sword of Truth series, which was Wizards First Rule back in 2015!  At the time I was going to read through the series with no gaps like I normally do.  But Wizards First Rule took me 9 months to read. This was because it is huge plus it dragged in the middle and I hit a reading slump.  If I get through the above books then this will be the last I read in 2022.


So what are your reading goals for 2022?  Let me know in the comments here or on Facebook or Twitter.

Neil x











No comments:

Post a Comment