Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy 2014

Hi Guys

Long time no blog - over a month ago I believe!!  Had a lot on I'm afraid and because of that haven't done any writing till today.  I didn't even finish the 10,000 words for the Richard and Judy competition which I am a little gutted about but was my fault as in 2013 was quite lazy in terms of writing and reading - I haven't even finished Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind which I started January 2012!!

2013 wasn't a great year for me and I had some bad luck - apparently a few people I know had a bad year also so maybe it really is an unlucky number.  So I am glad to see the back of 2013.

Roll on 2014 that is what I say - hoping it's luckier and maybe now I will be working in Leeds there will be more opportunity.

Anyway - New Year Resolutions - although I hardly ever make any as they seem to be broken within first month I will make them anyway - hopefully to motivate me and give me bit of a goal.

So my 2014 New Year Resolutions are:

- Go to the gym regular (although nothing to do with writing I feel it is needed as been lazy and put weight on I am also paying for it so take advantage of it.).
- Write, Write, Write - I am going to write much more than 2013 - last year I felt was a wash out as I hardly blogged and only wrote about 2 short stories.  I didn't even touch my novel - If I am to take writing seriously I will need to write a lot more - so 2014 - more stories, more blogging, more novel - maybe even some freelance work?
- Read, Read, Read - I am also going to read more in 2014 as I didn't do any other than blogs and a few magazines - I will finish Wizards First Rule then crack on with over 100 books I have got - I even bought a 10 book collection of Bourne novels from book club which will end up unread like so many others if I don't get my head sorted.  Plus working in Leeds will give me time to read the smaller books on the train to and from work.

Well they are the main ones - as well as spend more time with daughter and try manage money better - so wish me luck - If I keep to the writing resolution you will know as I will be blogging more frequently!

Hope you all have good resolutions to keep to and you all have a wonderful 2014 x

Will Blog soon.

Neil x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your New Years resolutions Neil, can't wait to read all your new writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good resolutions Neil - so glad you've also decided to join me with JaNoWriMo too! Here's to 2014 being a good year - for writing and for everything else too! x

    ReplyDelete