Wednesday 29 January 2014

JaNo Update and CWG meet

Hi guys

How you all?  Well firstly I'm a bit late blogging as the last CWG meet was on 20th January - lol.
It was a very good meeting with not one but two new members - Vicky and Andy.
Vicky had previously written songs and Andy writes bit of everything - short stories, screen plays, poems.

We all give each other an update of what we were writing and where myself, Laura and Dawn were with JaNoWriMo.
I did well first two weeks but have fallen behind and at the moment I am in middle of second story of the trilogy - bit peed off as was hoping to be completing third in trilogy by now.  Will try get onto it this weekend.

We also had a writing challenge - we had to write a short piece where the start of the story started
I could have avoided all that trouble if I had remembered to . . .

Came up with a spoof killer thriller piece which may expand.
Hope you enjoy -

In the wrong job

I could have avoided all that trouble if I had remembered to assassinate the right person, but its been one of those days.  How many Nickol Bockerglorys could there be in Russia?  I can’t believe there’s more than one!
The image of that sweet innocent little old man shakily opening the door to me will never go away.  I thought he didn’t look much of a Moscow Urban Terrorist, with the agenda of overthrowing President Putin’s reign.
It took him all his time to take off the many chains he had at the back of his door.  Usually it would have been a quick shot to the head with my trusty silencer but when he invited me in for tea and cream buns I had a double take and had to slightly change my plan.
Yes it had to be poison .  Although when his little chubby old wife came out of their small shabby kitchen with a huge smile on her wrinkled up face and a tray of tea and buns I knew I had to make it look  like a faulty gas pipe explosion in the small badly built flat kitchen.  As much as I didn’t like it I had a job to do.  For Russia.



No comments:

Post a Comment